Motor third party liability insurance
Motor Third Party Liability Insurance is a legally mandatory insurance that every vehicle must have at the time of annual registration. The premium (rate) of this insurance is state regulated and is the same in all insurance companies.
With this insurance policy you transfer your responsibility for the damages caused to "third parties" with your vehicle, i.e. to the other participants in traffic, in accordance with the insurance conditions of this policy. In such case the insurance company assumes the responsibility for compensation for damage (material and non-material) to the other participants in traffic that was caused by your vehicle.
The premium amount decreases over the years, unless you have caused damage to third parties for the duration of the previous policy.
Why should you buy Motor Third Party Liability (MTPL) insurance policy from Stopanska Banka:
- Because you can obtain the policy near you - in any of the branches of Stopanska Banka
- Because you retain the previously acquired discounts from previous years in which you did not cause damage to third parties
- Because you can choose the starting validity date of the insurance policy, so that the vehicle does not have to be registered the same day.
- Because you can additionally supply insurance against glass breakage and accident of passengers.
Find out more information in FAQ about this insurance.
FAQ about Motor Third Party Liability Insurance (MTPL):
- How and why are discounts (bonuses) received in case of annual MTPL Insurance?
- Good and conscientious drivers, who have not caused damage during the previous year, receive a discount on the MTPL insurance premium.
- You also get the discount at Stopanska Banka, regardless of the fact that your vehicle may have been previously insured through another insurance company
- The discount (bonus) in the MTPL premium (rate) for each year without reported damage is:
- 5% - after 1 year
- 10% - after 2 years
- 15% - after 3 years
- 20% - after 4 years
- 25% - after 5 years
- What should be done in case of a car accident?
- Immediately inform the police and call an ambulance if there are injured people and not to move anything that could help the competent authorities in compiling the police report.
- Take all possible measures to protect the vehicle from further damages.
- Note all details related to the accident, especially names of the people who participated in the accident or can testify to it, the license plates and insurance companies of all vehicles that directly or indirectly participated in the accident as well as the identity and action (if known) of the police officers who went to the scene of the accident.
- It is advisable to insist on performing an alcohol test as well as obtaining information from the police officer on where, how and when a copy of the police record can be taken.
- If the vehicle is CASCO insured, the damage is reported to the insurance company that issued the CASCO insurance.
- If the vehicle does not have CASCO, the damage is reported by submitting a request to the insurance company of the person who according to the police report caused the accident.
- Are discounts for Motor Third Party Liability Insurance transferred through the ownership assignment of the vehicle?
- NO, THEY ARE NOT – the right to discount is only related to the owner of the vehicle and is not transferred to the new owner in case of sale of the vehicle
- Does the vehicle have to be registered and insured on the exact expiration date of the previous one?
- NO, IT DOES NOT – Motor Third Party Liability policy may be renewed and vehicle may be registered up to 30 days before the expiration date of the policy, i.e. registration of the vehicle.
Buy CASCO policy or any other type of insurance from the branches of Stopanska Banka AD - Skopje, in cooperation with Croatia Insurance /Non-life.
- With Casco Insurance you obtain complete financial security of the vehicle.
- This type of insurance is voluntary that provides protection against material damage to the insured vehicle in a traffic accident regardless of the culprit, as well as any damages, destructions or disappearances of the vehicle.
- All types of motor vehicles are subject to insurance as well as the equipment that is factory-installed with the vehicle.
Risks covered by the Casco Insurance policy for your vehicle:
- Traffic accident such as overturning, collision, impact, slipping, demolish, etc.;
- Fall of an object or hit by an object;
- Sudden external thermal or chemical action;
- Lightning strike;
- Explosion other than nuclear energy explosion;
- Storm, hail, avalanche;
- Flood, torrent and high tide;
- Crash of aircrafts;
- Manifestations and demonstrations;
- Theft and robbery; and
- Third parties’ malicious actions.
Do not forget, when buying Casco Insurance you can use the discount of MKD 400 or 600, which is granted by the Bank if you are a user of a consumer loan with Accident Insurance included.
You can obtain an information calculation for the annual insurance premium (rate) in any of the Bank's branches as well as through the 24/7 Contact Center at (02) 3100 109.
When traveling by car outside the country, it is necessary to provide the vehicle with a Green Card which allows you to expand the Motor Third Party Liability Insurance outside the Republic of N. Macedonia. This means that the Green Card must be issued by the same insurance company that issued the Motor Third Party Liability Insurance.
Like with Motor Third Party Liability Insurance, with the Green Card you transfer your responsibility for the damages caused to "third parties" with your vehicle, i.e. to the other participants in the traffic, in accordance with the insurance conditions. In such case the insurance company assumes the responsibility for compensation for damage (material and non-material) to the other participants in traffic that was caused by your vehicle.
The Green Card price is regulated and equal in all insurance companies in N. Macedonia, and it depends on the engine power of the passenger vehicles. Having a Green Card is a mandatory requirement for entering a number of countries in Europe, so we recommend that you always have it with you when you go on a trip outside RNM.
For further information, please contact