Oppening an account
Opening a payment account
Required documents for legal entities opening a payment account for the first time:
- Decision for registration in the trade register, i.e., in the register of the competent authority of the Republic of North Macedonia, if the entry in the register is prescribed by law
- Founding act by the competent authority, if the participant is not registered
- Statement from the law, if the participant is founded in accordance with the law
- Current Status of the ownership structure
- Application for registration of a legal entity or natural person (Form SB)
- Registration form of domestic legal entity registered in the Trade Register with The Central Register of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Application form for opening/change of payment account and authorized signatories of the legal entity (Form SB)
- Application for authorized payment order deliverers (Form SB)
- Framework Agreement of payment services (Form SB)
- Statement for acceptance and realization of acceptance orders (Form SB) – for clients registered before 2001
- Proof that the account has been transferred from the Ministry of Finance - Public Revenue Office - to clients registered before 2001
- General Terms and Conditions for operating a payment account and other services for legal entities (Form SB)
- General Terms and Conditions for the use of I-Bank service (digital banking) of Stopanska banka AD Skopje for legal entities (Form SB)
- General Terms and Conditions of Stopanska Banka AD Skopje for the use of Debit Cards for legal entities (Form SB)
- General Terms and Conditions of Stopanska Banka AD Skopje for acceptance of card-based payment transactions (Form SB)
The clients of the Bank that already have an account with SB only need to submit SB forms.
- Application form for opening/change of a payment account and authorized signatories of the legal entity (Form SB)
- Application for authorized payment order deliverers (Form SB)
OPENING FC ACCOUNTS FOR DOMESTIC LEGAL ENTITIES
Domestic legal entities can open foreign currency payment accounts in all branches of Stopanska Banka AD – Skopje, which cover almost all towns throughout Macedonia.
In order to open FC payment accounts, the client should submit the following documents:
- Certificate from the register which keeps records of legal entities headquartered in the Republic of North Macedonia not older than three months, from which the following can be confirmed: name, headquarters, activity, registration number and tax number in original or notarized copy, authorized body founding act if the legal entity executes registered activity, in which case there is no obligation for entry in the register, or statement from the law if the legal entity is founded in accordance with the law.
- “Authorized signatures” form (notarized signature of the legal representative), in original
- Original of written notification signed by the legal representative and identification document of the authorized person.
Non resident accounts
PROCEDURE FOR OPENING NON-RESIDENT ACCOUNTS FOR LEGAL ENTITIES
(companies, diplomatic and consular offices, non-government organizations etc.)
Foreign legal entities in the Republic of North Macedonia may open accounts in all branches of Stopanska banka AD - Skopje.
IDENTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION OF THE CLIENT’S IDENTITY
Required documents for opening a non-resident account for legal entities are the following:
- Written request for opening the account and for disposing of the account funds, signed by the legal representative of the legal entity, in original.
- Application for identification / update of the client-legal entity with filled in required data including the final beneficiary in original (enclosed) and a copy of the identification document (ID card or passport) of the final beneficiary.
- Document for registration of the legal entity issued by a competent body, statement of the trade register or another register where records are kept of legal entities in the country where they are registered not older than 3 months, from which the legal representative, the date of founding, the name, address, headquarters, activity, the managers and owners may be confirmed, in original or a copy verified by a notary public or an authorized institution in the domicile country.
- Card with authorized signatories (enclosed)
- For non-resident legal entity – diplomatic office of a foreign country or a representative office of an international organization – document issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of North Macedonia or a statement from the Central Register of the Republic of North Macedonia, as well as proxy of the authorized person in the representative office, in original or a copy verified by notary public.
- Agreement for opening transaction account/ID number of the non-resident legal entity
If the required data for the non-resident (headquarters, owners, managers, activity, final beneficiaries, tax number-if the non-resident has one, etc.) may not be determined from the registration document, SB may require additional documents, such as the statute, a statement, document, recommendation from another bank or another founding act, in original or a copy verified by notary public.
The above mentioned documents are submitted in original in Macedonian, translated by a certified translator.
The identity of the legal representative and the persons authorized to dispose of the funds on the account of the non-resident legal entity is determined from the following documents:
- valid identification documents (valid ID card or passport with address)
information / statement whether the non-resident legal entity owns stocks/shares of bearer
- application for identification / update of the client-natural person with all fields completely filled in.
DISPOSING OF THE FUNDS ON ACCOUNTS OF NON-RESIDENT LEGAL ENTITY
- Stopanska Banka enables transfer in foreign currency and MKD upon order of the non-resident
- Transfer of funds without any limitations
- Payment and disbursements in cash according to legal regulations in the country, as follows:
- payment of FC cash on the non-resident account in the amount up to EUR 9.999 in the course of one month, as well as higher amounts by providing written confirmation on entered FC cash issued by the Customs Office of the Republic of North Macedonia, in the name of the legal entity- payer, with validity of 5 working days from the date of issue, which may be used several times (the limitation of FC cash does not refer to representative offices of foreign countries and international organizations)
- payment of FC cash on the non-resident account, which represent non-spent FC funds previously withdrawn from the non-resident account
- payment of FC cash on the account of the non-resident airline based on sale of products to air passengers, by presenting a document for performing air company activity in RNM
- payment of FC cash on the account of the non-resident airline based on sale of products to air passengers, by a presenting a contract concluded with an air company for undertaking cash
- Payment of MKD cash only based on sale of plane tickets and non-spent MKD cash MKD previously withdrawn from the MKD accounts of the non-resident in any MK Bank, for the period of three months from the date of funds withdrawal. The non-resident must submit a written request as well as a copy of the order for cash withdrawal
- Based on a written request for payment of MKD cash on the non-resident account, a payment of MKD cash on the non-resident MKD account in the amount of MKD 120.000 is allowed per month, without presenting additional documents
- Payment of MKD cash on the account of the non-resident airline based on sale of products to air passengers, by presenting a document for performing air company activity in RSM
- Payment of MKD cash on the account of the non-resident airline based on sale of products to air passengers, by presenting a contract concluded with an air company for undertaking cash
- Disbursement of FC cash and MKD cash without limitations.
According to the Decision on the manner and terms and conditions for opening and keeping non-resident accounts, the documents for identification and registration of non-resident legal entities must be updated at least once a year by presenting the statement from the trade register or other register where records are kept of legal entities in the country where they are registered not older than three months, from which it may be determined that the legal entity worked continuously after opening the account, i.e. in the period from the last update.
If the non-resident legal entity does not supply the required documentation for update after expiry of one year, and if the bank accounts have no turnover for more than two years, the bank proceeds according to the valid regulations, which currently stipulate account blocking.
Non-resident legal entities with the status of state-owned companies may update the documentation for identification, with a document verified by the Embassy on the territory of RSM, confirming that the client has a status of a state-owned company and continuously operates from the last accounts update.
According to the legal regulations, the transaction MKD accounts of clients with no balance and turnover in the last two years shall be treated as inactive and the Bank shall close them and notify the client accordingly.