OPENING DOMESTIC LEGAL ENTITIES FCY ACCOUNTS
Domestic legal entities can open foreign currency accounts in all branches of Stopanska Banka AD - Skopje which cover almost all towns throughout Macedonia .
In order to open foreign currency accounts, the client should submit the following documents:
certificate from the company register which keeps records of legal entities headquartered in the Republic of Macedonia, not older than three months, from which it can be ascertained: the name, headquarters, activity, registration number and tax number of the legal entity, original or copy notarized with notary public,or authorized body act for foundation if the legal entity execute registered activity, in which case do not have obligation for evidencing in Registry or Statement from the Law if the legal entity is founded in accordance with the Law.
ZP (verified signature of legal person notified by the notary) – original,
Original of written notification signed by the legal representative and identity document of the authorized person.
The documents can be submitted to all branches of Stopanska Banka AD - Skopje .
The documents for opening account of domestic legal entities are submitted in all sub-branches of Stopanska banka AD - Skopje.
PROCEDURE FOR OPENING NON-RESIDENT ACCOUNTS OF LEGAL ENTITIES
(companies, diplomatic and consular office, non-government organizations etc.)
Questionnaire for expressing intent for establishing business relation with Stopanska banka
Foreign legal entities in the Republic of Macedonia may open accounts in all branches of Stopanska banka AD - Skopje.
The legal entity account in Skopje Branch may be opened at the following address:
G T C Sub-branch ground floor, “11 Oktomvri” Str. No. 7
Contact persons for Skopje Branch
phone (02) 3295-435
fax : (02) 3295-141
IDENTIFICATION AND CONFIRMATION OF THE CLIENT’S IDENTITY
Required documents for opening account of non-resident legal entity are the following:
- Written request for opening the account and for disposing of the funds in the account, signed by the legal representative of the legal entity, in original.
- Application for identification / updating the client legal entity with filled in all the required data including the final beneficiary in original (enclosed) and copy of the identification document (ID card or passport) of the final beneficiary.
- Document for registration of the legal entity issued by a competent body, statement of the trade register or another register where records are kept of legal entities in the country where the entity is registered, not older than 3 months, from which the legal representative, the date of founding, the name, address, headquarters and activity performed may be concluded; the managers, owners, in original or a copy notarized by notary public or an authorized institution in the domicile country notarized by notary public or an authorized institution in the domicile country.
- Card with authorized signatories (enclosed)
- For non-resident legal entity – diplomatic office of a foreign country or a representative office of an international organization – document issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Macedonia or a statement from the Central Register of the Republic of Macedonia, as well as proxy of the authorized person in the representative office, in original or a copy notarized by notary public.
- Agreement for opening transaction account / ID number of the legal entity non-resident
In case from the document for registration the required data for the non-resident (headquarters, owners, managers, activity, final beneficiaries, tax number-if the non-resident has one, etc.) may not be determined, SB may require additional document, like for example the statute, a statement, document, recommendation from another bank or another act on founding, in original or a copy notarized by notary public.
The abovementioned documents are submitted in original Macedonian, translated by authorized translator.
The identity of the legal representative and the persons authorized to dispose of the funds in the account of the non-resident legal entity is determined on the basis of the following documents:
- valid documents for identification (valid ID card or passport with address )
- information / statement whether the non-resident legal entity owns shares/ stakes of bearer
- application for identification / updating the client individual filled in completely in all obligatory fields
DISPOSING OF THE FUNDS IN ACCOUNTS OF NON-RESIDENT LEGAL ENTITY
• Stopanska Banka enables transfer upon order of the non-resident in foreign currency and in denars.
• Transfer of funds without any limitations.
• Payment and disbursements in cash according to legal regulations in the country, as follows:
-payment of cash foreign currency funds in account of the non-resident in the amount up to EUR 9.999 in the course of one month, and higher than that amount by providing written confirmation on entered cash foreign funds issued by the Customs office of the Republic of Macedonia, in the name of the payer legal entity, with validity of 5 working days from the date of issue and may be used several times ( the limitation of cash foreign currency funds does not refer to representative offices of foreign countries and international organizations)
-payment of cash foreign currency funds in account of the non-resident which represent non-spent foreign currency funds previously withdrawn from the account of the non-resident
-payment of cash foreign currency funds in account of the non-resident airline with reason of payment sale of products to the air passengers with enclosed the document for registration for air company in RM
-payment of cash foreign currency funds in account of the non-resident airline with reason of payment sale of products to the air passengers with enclosed the concluded agreement with air company for undertaken the cash
-payment of cash funds in denars only on the basis of sale of plane tickets and non-spent cash funds in denars previously withdrawn from the denar accounts of the non-resident in any MK Bank, for the period of three months from the date of withdrawal of funds. Written request as well as copy of the withdrawn cash payment is mandatory to be presented from the non-resident side.
- By written request for payment of cash funds in denars on non-resident account, without presentation of additional documents, it is allowed amount of MKD 120.000 payment of cash funds on non-residents account, per month,
-payment of cash funds in denars account of the non-resident airline with reason of payment sale of products to the air passengers with enclosed the document for registration for air company in RM
-payment of cash funds in denars account of the non-resident airline with reason of payment sale of products to the air passengers with enclosed the concluded agreement with air company for undertaken the cash
- disbursement of foreign and cash funds in denars without limitations
According to the Decision on the manner and terms and conditions for opening and keeping non-resident accounts, the documents for identification and registration of clients non-residents legal entities are obligatorily updated at least once in one year, by presenting the statement from the trade register or another register where records are kept of legal entities in the country where the entity is registered, not older than three months, from which it may be determined that the legal entity worked in continuity in the period after opening the account, i.e. in the period from the last updating.
If the client non-resident legal entity does not supply the required documentation for updating after expiry of one year, as well as if the accounts in the bank have no turnover for more than two years, the bank proceeds according to the valid regulations, which at the moment stipulates blocking the accounts.
Nonresident legal entities with the status of state companies, updating of the documentation for identification of the client, may be done with the document notified from the Embassy on the territory in MK, confirming that the client have a status as state company and continuously operate from the last updating of the accounts.
Updating the documentation according to the Decision does not refer to a non-resident legal entity – diplomatic representative of a foreign country or representative office of international organization, as well as foreign banks with which the domestic banks have established correspondent relations.
According to the legal regulations the transaction denar accounts of clients, in which there is no balance and turnover in the last two years, are treated as inactive and the Bank has obligation to close them and notify the client accordingly.