MKD sight deposits
Document issued by SB branches
At FC account opening, SB issues the following to the client:
- Agreement on opening FC current account
- FC account card signed by the client
- in FC cash at all branches, at any SB counter, without limitations for residents, while, regarding non-residents, up to EUR 10,000 per month or in equivalent to other currency up to that amount, as well as the amount of unspent FC cash previously withdrawn from the same non-resident account
- a non-resident may pay in higher amounts by submitting a written request and original written certificate issued by the Customs Administration of the Republic of Macedonia that bears date not exceeding 5 business days as of issuance date
- international postal order
- bank remittance
- transfer from another account held with SB
- in FC cash at all branches, at any SB counter, without limitations for residents and non-residents within the available funds
- in MKD at all branches, at any SB counter, without limitations within the available funds
- for execution of nostro remittance of a resident for family and living costs and personal transfers of funds in the equivalent to EUR 2,500 per month with/without presentation of a document
- unilateral personal transfers of funds exceeding EUR 2,500 or equivalent in other currency, for resident, by presenting a document, from which one may determine the basis and liability for payment, while, for non-resident, within the available funds based on request and valid ID document or copy certified with a notary public, emigration or job visa
- international payments for purchasing goods and services up to the amount designated in the document
- nostro remittance based on return on international pension upon request of international pension fund
- transfer of funds from account held with SB to international account to a same person that has a non-resident status, i.e. on the basis of submission of a proof – job visa or visa for international stay for a period of at least 6 months
- issuing nostro checks up to EUR 2,500 based on personal transfer without obligation for presenting a payment document, while, regarding amounts exceeding EUR 2,500, by obligatory presentation of document on the grounds of which the payment basis will be determined
- for payment of goods at consignment warehouses by presenting payment invoice
- for MKD payments to resident legal entities, without limitations for residents and non-residents within the available funds
- for international payments executed with Visa cards
- by transferring funds to another account held with SB and abroad on behalf of the client that holds the account
- for payments related to state-owned flats based on certificate that contains the amount of funds, payment mode and number of scores paid with the amount of funds
The non-resident may, without limitations, within the available funds, transfer funds abroad, and, without limitations, execute payments within the payment operations in the Republic of Macedonia
Document submitted to SB branches for the purpose of using the FCY account and updating of the documents for identification of non-residents
The holder / authorized person to use the deposit presents the following documents to SB branches
• document for identification of resident / non-resident
• FC account card
Disbursements may be done even without presentation of account card, whereas, in such case, the client is obligated to present ID card issued by SB.
The status of non-resident is held by:
• individual with permanent international residence identified with a passport issued by a foreign country or job visa or residence visa for at least 6 months
(identified with original or a copy certified by a notary, while photocopy is kept):
• valid ID card or passport of a resident
• valid passport of a non-resident that contains the following data: name and surname, place and date of birth, permanent residence
• for person authorized to use the account: ID card and written authorization signed by the account holder
The resident / non-resident is obligated, upon the expiry of the passport's validity period, to deliver a valid ID document to the Bank.
If the non-resident fails to submit updated ID documents, the Bank, in compliance with the legal regulations, will be obligated not to allow the non-resident to perform transactions via the account.
- computed from the payment date to disbursement date by applying interest rate on adequate currency of the deposit determined by a decision of SB, whereas the interest rate is floating. The interest computation is conducted on a monthly basis by its being recorded in the deposit account denominated in identical currency
As per the applicable regulations, SB regularly announces the current annual rates of total costs on its website, counters and thru the media
- the deposit holder may authorize another adult person to use the deposit. The authorization may be issued at the moment of deposit opening or additionally at any time (see text for issuing authorization to other persons to use the deposit)
Duration of authorization
- while deposit is opened
- until it is revoked by the deposit holder
- even upon decease of deposit holder if he/she states so in the authorization
- the data on the savings deposit are Bank's business secret
Disclosure of data on savings deposit
The account data (account number, account balance, issued and other account-related data) are SB business secret.
The account data may be announced in the following cases:
- if data disclosure is prescribed by law - if the deposit holder issued written consent to SB for data disclosure
- at written request of competent court for running proceedings within its jurisdiction
- for NBRM purposes or purposes of other supervisory body authorized by law
- at written request of the IRS for running proceedings within its jurisdiction -if data are disclosed to Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Prevention Directorate in compliance with the law
- if data are disclosed to Financial Police Bureau in compliance with the law - at written request of the Foreign Exchange Operations Inspectorate - at written request of the Deposit Insurance Fund in compliance with the law - if data are announced for the functionality purposes of NBRM Credit Register - at written request of persons authorized for enforcement in compliance with the law
Disbursements from savings deposit of deceased client
In case of client's decease, the right of the authorized person to use the deposit ceases, except when there has been authorization issued for using funds even after the decease of the deposit holder.
SB may disburse the deposit before the probate proceedings start for the purpose of paying the expenses for the deceased person's funeral.
Procedure for lost agreement, FCY account card
The holder / authorized person to use the deposit reports in writing to an SB Branch that the relevant document has been lost so that it be replaced promptly by a new one.
Upon holder's desire, the following may be done:
• the funds to be frozen for a period designated by him/her
• close the account and balance be transferred to a new account
Statement of FCY account balance
Issued at any SB counter upon request of the holder / authorized person to use the deposit by presentation of ID document and account / ID card
The FC account holder / authorized person to use the deposit account may issue standing order at SB branches for payment of certain services or for transfer of funds to another account on behalf of the client in SB for payment / transfer each month, whereat he/she may:
• determine as well the date and amount of payment / transfer
• or authorizes SB to make payment from the account on the date and in the amount stated in the payment document issued by the legal entity in whose account the payment with standing order is executed.
The standing order is realized only if the account has funds for full realization.
Standing order issued at SB may be revoked by the deposit holder / authorized person to use the deposit with unlimited right to utilization.
Closing FCY demand account
FC demand account may be closed:
• at request of the deposit account holder
• upon assessment on inactivity of the account as per SB's body decision.
For the purpose of conducting the closing, deposit agreement and account card are presented, and the deposit balance and liabilities upon the account are checked. If the client has liabilities under the deposit towards SB or there have been liabilities for the client imposed on the deposit towards other individuals and legal entities based on decisions of competent bodies in the Republic of Macedonia , the closing cannot be executed.